Between the end of February and the first week of March, seven compilations of my music (Steve Fitch) should appear on Spotify. The last time I'd had my music on the platform was in 2015 or 2016, until the clueless functionaries of the distributor I was using to push music to Spotify caused me some grief about the formatting of my songs' and albums' titles, and my going above their heads led the proprietor of the joint to be passive-aggressive toward me. That was after the previous distributor's proprietor had publicly insulted me, on his blog – after a previous distributor had proven incompetent. That was after Google Play tried to tell me how to represent myself online. All that was before the proprietor of a vending platform deleted all of my albums that I'd uploaded for sale, without forewarning nor any other notice – which was before an online-radio service deleted hours' worth of music because it didn't believe that was author and rights-holder of music by so many "artists;" again, without telling me before nor after having done so, and certainly, as with the vending-platform guy, without any apology. Those aren't even all of the anecdotes that support my trepidation over putting my music by me into anyone else's hands.
Deciding that I should give distributors a chance to demonstrate that in the intervening years they've gotten their fucking shit together, and that I really, really ought to seek greater exposure on everyone's second-favorite platform for listening to music, I researched current distributors and found one that appeared to present the least complication toward getting it on Spotify. I won't say which distributor it is, as I'm still waiting for it to not disappoint me, and I certainly don't want to jinx it. All in all, I uploaded a total of about 140 songs, spanning 14 years of my personal artistic renaissance, commenced in 2009, and the gamut of my styles and sensibilities. I hope that it won't get flagged for sounding too diverse for me to be the same creator of the music. My lesson in dealing with tech-bros musical concerns is that there always has to be bullshit. I selected only Spotify from among the many outlets in order to minimize the potential for or severity of bullshit. Besides, although I "should" have my music by me pushed to everyone's first-favorite music-listening platform, I don't need the complications of Google-style bullshit.
