- for me, anyway. I'm a Fuifilm Fanboy, all the way. It's about the colors, the physical design of Fuji digital cameras, the latitude in the midtones when one meters for the highlights, and the quality of the video that Fuji cameras have come to be able to shoot since the X-T2's massive kaizen firmware update. Today, I was tidying-up my archive of digital photos going back to 2007, when I was using digital point-and-shoot cameras, and saw that my photographic eye (after having quit analog photography five years earlier) had been struggling to regain its composure (pun intended). I then noticed that it was when I got a Panasonic Lumix GX85 interchangeable-lens camera in August, 2016 that it started coming back.
About three years after that, I replaced Lumix with Fuji, and the images started looking better, partly because of the better "color science" and dynamic range of the latter, and partly because using a better camera let me take better photos. (Had you noticed how much better you played when you'd graduated from a Squier guitar to a real Fender?) I hardly consider myself a great photographer, nor even a photographer – just a guy who likes to take photos of stuff – but I like the images that I can capture with Fuji cameras.
Here is a random selection of images from the past 12 months:
