Pages

Friday, July 15, 2022

I watched the new Beavis and Butt-Head Movie


The other evening, I watched Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe. It's not as intense as the first feature, Beavis and Butt-Head Do America – but then, it doesn’t borrow from bits from the short TV episodes; nor does it have novelty going for it, like the first one did. Another thing that Do America had in its favor was theatrical release, and sharing in the laughter with an auditorium full of people makes a comedy-viewing experience even more hilarious. It was also a sort of climactic cultural event, coming after a few years of build-up by the TV episodes. However, Do the Universe has more of a cogent plot line and some real character development; without augmentation by over-the-top elements like the tripping-in-the-desert sequence, it feels truer to the original TV series. The nachos all over the hotel room, prison riot, and “white privilege” sequences cracked me the heck up. Its humor is on the "adult" side, so watch it with your parents.


This image of the Alphabet Goddess is entirely irrelevant to the subject of this post, but I am so obsessed with her that I have to mention her as often as possible, work her into every conversation – akin to how people still do so with former President T-word. Politics in America is all stage-managed horseshit, no one in Congress is concerned with the will or better interest of the People, and The Powers That Be view us all as livestock – but this woman is so fine that I'll go along with whatever she says.