![]() |
| (Best viewed on a desktop browser; on mobile, in Reader View.) For a few years, now, I've been listening almost daily to stories on YouTube, and reading accounts online, of people's encounters with Sasquatches and other so-called cryptids. My fascination isn't due to the fantasy element, but to the evident reality of the existence of such creatures. I've heard and read hundreds of such stories by now, and there is so much consistency to the details among them that the variations have become the most interesting aspect to them. At the very least, not all of these people could be lying. These "Bigfoot stories" and such also, indirectly, validate my encounters with "things," which I won't go into because I'm saving them for the podcaster who'll pay me most to recount them. But I have seen some "things," and I've known lots of people who've seen other "things," and aside from the flesh-and-blood creatures who may or may not travel through space/time portals in the wilderness, and a few Twilight Zone-worthy parallel-dimensional occasions, I can tell you that ghosts, angels and demons are quite real. It's a shame that such things are cartoonized for kids for the Hallowe'en holiday, not to mention associated with the copious ingestion of a powerful addictive mind-altering substance. I knew some meth heads who would converse, individually and as a small group, with "shadow people," and I've known junkies who'd been visited by "entities" while high. Ever wonder who's doing the driving while people are blacked-out drunk? Demonic possession is a lot commoner, more "everyday," than commonly believed. It's not just for special occasions. There is a low-grade, even baseline, degree of possession by demons on the down-low across our society. A lot of that comes through the influence of mainstream media, and social media has come to rival its influence. The ubiquity of alcohol at social events certainly plays its part, as well. My perspective on this is non-theological; I really don't care what any religion's view of demonic possession might be. I just look around me. I've lived without a TV in my domicile for most of my so-called adult life. I've also abandoned social media – except for Telegram, until it gets too compromised. (Why are there no Bigfoot/cryptids-stories channels on Telegram?! Ya'd think.) Induced thought-patterns – insidious, treacherous stuff. I also have cut alcohol out of my life, and by "alcohol" I mean both the substance and the situation. I'd tried going out to hear bands at bars and not-drinking, but being sober among drunk people makes me feel as though I am babysitting, have superpowers, or am socially retarded. While hanging-out and drinking with people, I witnessed some things that could only be explained as possession by whatever's carried by the substance. Lower-vibrational intentions usurping, even masquerading as, better judgment and intentions. Drunk people saying things that they don't realize or that they wouldn't know otherwise. Sure, alcohol can yield some clarity and creativity – which doesn't always come from within oneself. After surpassing age 30, my "paranormal" experiences waned, and frankly, I don't miss that stuff. In fact, I've lived in an apartment complex where ghosts, demons, and shadow people resided (inside the walls, and thus exempt from rent) – but those things left me alone. One theory I have for this is that the sagittal suture is finally grown-shut by about age 30, which rendered me less vulnerable to para-psychic influence. Another is that my own spirit has, similarly, over time, gained more solidity and definition. "Those things" know that I ain't no spring chicken, the owner of a forceful and autonomous spirit, so they go find more vulnerable targets, such as the drunk kollege kids next door. They've also seen how I get live on neighbors who keep me awake. Ugly old men will do whatever it takes to get their beauty sleep. |
